Educating and inspiring young women for a lifetime of faith, learning, and compassionate action for a more just world.
Educating today’s young women, empowering tomorrow’s leaders.
We strive to:
We strive to:
- Build a community of faith and learning;
- Foster a student’s aspirations and instill the confidence to achieve her goals;
- Cultivate academic excellence and community service in a diverse and nurturing environment
Aquinas High School is a community of faith and learning rooted in the Catholic tradition and committed to excellence in the education of young women - mind and heart, body and spirit. Since its founding by the Dominican Sisters of Sparkill in 1923, Aquinas has welcomed each new wave of New York City's population, finding the face of God in each new set of features and forming a body of Aquinas women with a heart for the whole human family. Through a challenging curriculum with a broad spectrum of co-curricular activities and community service, Aquinas calls forth women who are confident, knowledgeable and committed to building a better world.
- that each person is called to lifelong learning, spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically and to the responsible exercise of citizenship.
- that each person is uniquely created by God, and each one’s dignity is to be respected and reverenced.
- that women’s strengths and women’s voices have a vital role in today’s complex and changing world.
- that seeking Justice, Peace Truth (Veritas) and integrity of creation is integral to living the Gospel.
- that excellence requires continuous institutional improvement.
- that the responsibility for education is an actual partnership among the school, students, families and all stakeholders of the community.